Expanded Medicare Advantage cost share waivers effective May 1, 2020
- CarePlus is waiving members' out-of-pocket costs for outpatient behavioral health and telehealth visits through the end of 2020. While many members are successfully using telehealth, some are forgoing essential preventive and primary care services during this crisis. To reduce barriers,
CarePlus is waiving member costs for outpatient; non-facility based behavioral health visits for in-network providers through the end of year. Behavioral health issues, like depression, may be intensified because of the pandemic and are important to flag and treat.
In addition, we are extending telehealth cost share waivers for all telehealth visits—PCP and specialty, including behavioral health, for in-network providers through 2020. By eliminating these costs, we are supporting members to re-engage with their physicians for pressing primary care and behavioral health needs whether in-person or virtually, depending on their personal situation.
- CarePlus is providing care kits to support visits to healthcare providers. For members who need to access the healthcare system or other essential services in the community, we want them to be as safe as possible. To assist in this effort, we are proactively sending a care kit to members’ homes throughout the summer, which includes 2 masks and instructions on how to care for the masks.
In addition, the following measures were announced on March 24, 2020:
- Preauthorizations for COVID-19 care has been removed. CarePlus members who test positive for COVID-19 will not need to seek preauthorization to begin treatment immediately.
- Early prescription refills allowed beginning March 10, 2020 through July 25, 2020 – CarePlus is allowing early refills on prescription medicines so our members can prepare for extended supply needs—an extra 30 or 90-day supply as appropriate.
- Home delivery of prescriptions may be available to members. Members should check with their current network pharmacies to see if they offer local prescription delivery to support patients in social isolation. As an alternative, members may use PrescribIT Rx*, CarePlus’ preferred cost-sharing mail order pharmacy, to have their prescription drugs delivered to them. Members can register for PrescribeIT Rx’s mail order delivery by calling 1-800-526-1490. Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Eastern Time. Please keep in mind that first-time setup takes approximately five to ten days for processing and delivery after prescription orders are received. To see a list of our network mail-order pharmacies, please refer to our Provider Directories page located in our website at www.careplushealthplans.com/members/pharmacy-directories.
*Other pharmacies are available in our network.
If you suspect that you have been exposed to coronavirus or are experiencing symptoms, please call your healthcare provider to seek testing recommendations and treatment.
Everyone is encouraged to wash their hands frequently and thoroughly, avoid close contact with people who are sick, put distance between yourself and others, cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others, clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily and cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze1. Here is an easy-to-follow illustration (PDFEnglish (PDF opens in new window) ) / (PDFSpanish (PDF opens in new window) ), of some steps you can take to help maintain your health.
More information on how to protect yourself is available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(opens in new window). The CDC offers specific advice for people who are at higher risk(opens in new window), of serious illness, as well as a guide to steps everyone can take to help keep their home, workplace or school(opens in new window), safe.
Frequently asked questions
Updated May 5, 2020