This program is only available to Dual Eligible Beneficiaries that are enrolled in a D-SNP plan. What is a Dual eligible beneficiary? A person that qualifies for both Medicare and Medicaid benefits.
As part of your CareNeeds Plus (D-SNP) plan, you get a Healthy Foods Card with a monthly allowance to buy approved healthy foods and beverages. You can only use your card at participating retail stores or to buy a variety of pantry items online at Walmart.com. Funds will be added to your card on the first of each month. Be sure to use your allowance each month. Unused funds do not carry over to the following month or plan year. This benefit ends on December 31 or upon disenrollment from the plan.
Purchase Items like:
- Bakery - breads, tortillas, rolls, etc
- Beverages - coffee, tea and juice
- Dairy - milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt, etc
- Frozen - produce, meals, vegetables, etc
- Grab and go - fresh meal kits and prepared deli items
- Meat and seafood
- Pantry - baking goods, canned goods, nutritional shakes, pasta, snacks, etc
- Produce - fresh fruits and vegetables, packaged salads, etc
Three ways to shop with your Healthy Foods Card:*
- In-store – Shop with your Healthy Foods Card at participating stores near you. You can also use the store finder online: HealthyBenefitsPlus.com/CarePlusHFC (link opens in new window).
- Online - Order online at Walmart.com to have approved pantry items, like canned goods, rice and pasta delivered to your home. You now have the ability to order shelf-stable foods through Walmart.com. Shelf-stable foods include:
- Baking items
- Boxed meals
- Canned goods
- Canned soup
- Condiments, sauces, and spices
- Grains and pasta
- Snacks, cookies, and chips
Please use the Walmart.com online shopping guide included with the Healthy Food Card to help you buy approved items.
- DeliverLean - Order ready-to-heat, prepared meals from DeliverLean and have them delivered to your home. There are no shipping charges through DeliverLean. To learn more about meal choices or to order, call or go online: 1-954-246-0240 Monday - Friday, 8 am - 6 pm CST DeliverLeanCare.com/healthyfoodscard (link opens in new window).
*Your benefit only covers approved items up to the amount on your card. You can use another form of payment to cover any remaining balance or items not approved.