Enter your ZIP code to learn about the CarePlus Medicare Advantage plans in your area.
CarePlus is rated an overall 5 out of 5 stars for 2019 by Medicare, the highest possible overall rating based on plan quality and performance. Medicare Star Ratings help you know how good a job our plan is doing.
The Overall Star Ratings, administered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), gives you a single summary score that makes it easier for you to compare plans based on quality and performance. The information provided below is the overall Star Rating for CarePlus’ performance. In addition, you can visit www.medicare.gov (link opens in new window) to learn more about other plans and see their Star Ratings.
2019 CMS Star Ratings Information
Frequently Asked Questions about Medicare plans and 5-Star Ratings
What is a 5-Star health care plan?
Each year, Medicare evaluates all Medicare health and prescription drug plans on how well they provide quality health care for their members, rating them on a scale of 1 to 5 stars. A 5-star health care plan is a plan that was awarded a rating of ‘Excellent’ for all combined categories.
How does a plan earn a 5-Star Rating?
Every year, Medicare rates plans on their performance across a variety of categories. These categories are made up of measures that Medicare feels are most important to Medicare beneficiaries. The following categories are included in the overall Star rating:
– How many of the health plan’s members engaged and participated in preventative care to stay healthy.
– The plan’s overall health care experience (including customer service, benefits and physician network) met with the members’ satisfaction.
– Customer service representatives were easily accessible and able to answer members’ questions.
– How often members with certain conditions received regular check-ups, exams and treatment for their condition.
– How often members had problems with the plan and how much the plan’s performance improved over time.
As a Medicare Advantage plan, CarePlus provides prescription drug coverage - known as Medicare Part D coverage. Medicare also rates us on categories for prescription drug coverage and the results are also included in our overall Star Rating. Some of the Part D categories are the following:
– How well the plan handles member calls and questions.
– How often members had problems with the plan. Includes how much the plan’s performance improved (if at all) over time.
– Member ratings of the plan.
– How accurate the plan’s pricing information is and how often members with certain medical conditions are prescribed drugs in a way that is safer and clinically recommended for their condition
When CarePlus’ performance of all measures in the above categories is combined, our 5-Star Rating is the result. We are proud to have achieved a 5-Star rating!
Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system.