How CarePlus supports Medicare Advantage members during disasters
When the president, governor or secretary of Health and Human Services declares a disaster or a public health emergency, we take actions to ensure our Medicare Advantage members in the affected areas can get the medical care they need.
The actions we take include:
- Covering Medicare Parts A and B services and Part C plan benefits at non-network hospitals and other medical facilities
- Waiving all requirements for primary care physician (PCP) referrals
- Providing enrollees with the same cost-sharing they would get at an in-network facility
- Removing prescription drug limitations such as “refill too soon” rejection notices that prevent replacing lost medications
All of the above changes become effective immediately.
These actions remain in effect until:
- The president, governor or secretary of Health and Human Services declares the public health emergency or disaster has ended; or,
- 30 days have passed since the disaster or emergency was declared, and no end date was identified.
If CarePlus is also affected by the disaster and cannot resume normal operations by the end of the public health emergency or state of disaster, we will notify the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and will update the CarePlus website, when and if we are able, to provide information about CarePlus operational capabilities.
CarePlus is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in CarePlus depends on contract renewal.
CarePlus Health Plans, Inc. (“CarePlus”) complies with applicable Federal Civil Rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. See our website for more information.
English: ATTENTION: If you do not speak English, language assistance services free of charge are available to you. Call 1-800-794-5907 (TTY: 711).
Español (Spanish): ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-800-794-5907 (TTY: 711).
Kreyòl Ayisyen (French Creole): ATANSYON: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou. Rele 1-800-794-5907 (TTY: 711).